Friday, October 12, 2007

Like I said, revolving door

They are gone again. Alli and Elvis left the house about 2:45 this morning. I heard someone moving around and was getting up to investigate. I looked out the door in time to see her drive away. Needless to say, I've been awake ever since. This morning, I called her and texted her but got no response. I waited another hour and finally, about 10:45, she texted back that she was asleep. She said she had taken Elvis to the ER because he was having some horrendous diarrhea and they said he was dehydrated. She didn't tell me where she was. This is so frustrating. I know she is 20 and legally an adult but she is also living under my roof and I'm helping support them financially. I think she owes me the courtesy of "We're staying at a friend's tonight," (even though I'm 99% sure that friend is her bio mom) instead of just disappearing and not answering her phone.

I have a sign hanging in my den - "Mothers of teenagers know why some animals eat their young." This evidently applies even more to mothers of 20 year olds.

No comments: