Saturday, January 5, 2008

Big week is here

Alli's ultrasound is this week. Both her boyfriend, Boy Wonder, and I plan to attend. We haven't met yet, so this could be interesting. Nothing like meeting the father of your grandchild over an ultrasound. I'm willing to bet Alli is a little panicked at the thought. I don't care. I'm putting up with enough crap over this, I'm going!

The whole family is taking bets over the gender of the baby. Alli and Boy Wonder want a boy and seem to think that just because they wish it, it will happen. Beth and I (and Elvis, by default, as he always votes with Beth) want a girl. Cori can't be bothered to have a conversation with any of us, so I don't know her preference.

Honestly, my biggest wish is that the baby be healthy. Five years of watching Elvis struggle with every task have taken their toll on me. I want this baby born right on schedule with no complications. However, I have 6 children (from 4 current/former foster kids) who refer to me as their grandmother. EVERY one of them is a boy. I have 3 nephews and no nieces. All my friends have sons. I want to buy things that are pink and have ruffles and ribbons! (And, if I'm being totally honest, I probably want a girl more just because Boy Wonder insists it will be a boy because he wants a boy.) Yes, I'm bad like that. Soooo, THINK PINK!

2 comments:

Kimmah said...

I'm sure Abbey Road would be thrilled to know she's a boy ;-)

Jane said...

She doesn't count. I couldn't shop for her. Since she has 4 brothers, her own mother was more than willing to take care of the fun stuff.