Saturday, February 16, 2008

More pancake experimentation

Thanks, Tudu. We had banana/chocolate chip pancakes this morning. Lacking a recipe, I just added two mashed bananas and a cup of milk chocolate chips to the pancake recipe on the back of the Bisquick box. YUM! I made another batch of regular pancakes with Kissables in them, too. There were some of them left over. The banana/chocolate chip batch is gone. You were right - no syrup needed.

We've had a nice boring Saturday, so far. Everyone slept in and ate pancakes. I dropped Alli and Elvis at Boy Wonder's house. Alli and Beth's bio cousin (known in our family as "Cousin It") called and didn't have a ride to work. I love this kid and will do anything for her so I took off and hauled her a long way to her job at the new Cracker Barrel at the other end of the county. I didn't mind a bit. Alli called and she and BW wanted to go to shop at a nearby mall. Elvis' wheelchair won't fit in BW's car. Alli's car is still in the shop. Long story short, I ended up with Elvis for the afternoon. In between all this, I'm scoring and spraying the hideous teal wallpaper in the kitchen. It is coming off....it's just coming slowly. I'm not quite half way done with the eating area. Beth and her friend (who has been here since Tuesday night) are watching Elvis for me. They'd rather do that than help with the wallpaper mess. They are also planning to ask to go out tonight and hoping to earn brownie points by looking helpful. Whatever.

Cori was supposed to go to her bio grandmother's today. I don't know the exact reason but that was canceled by the grandmother. That makes me sad. I was really looking forward to a day without her. She's not a huge problem. I just get tired of her always being here and doing nothing appropriate. It's so past time for her to go. She's been grounded since December. The grounding limited her to a total of 30 minutes of phone/computer usage a day until she brought home a progress report from school with all passing grades and a good behavior report. She brought home a great progress report a couple of weeks ago. The dress code violations, however, we interpreted to be bad behavior - rightly so. At that point, she lost ALL phone/computer usage (except supervised usage for homework and calls to bio family) for two weeks. Her two weeks will be up Monday and she's chomping at the bit to be back online and back on the phone. Sadly, I'm just chomping at the bit to turn her bedroom into a spare room. I have never been to this point with a child.

My Gilmore Girl watching has been stalled. I finished season 6 yesterday morning. Season 7 has been ordered but won't arrive until Tuesday...the day I go back to work. It's probably good that I'm forced to have this break. Season 7 is the final season. I've got to find something productive to do with that time I've been wasting. I don't regret wasting that time. It's been a nice distraction and I needed that. However, it's time to get back into the real world and get some stuff done. I feel so much better just having started the kitchen project!

1 comment:

Tudu said...

I ate some of those this morning and froze a bunch more for the week. Mmmm