Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pesto

I got distracted on the way to paint my bathroom and ended up painting my bedroom. I was shooting for sage green but the color, Pesto, is definitely brighter than I planned. However, I think I like it. If I don't actually like it, I think I can live with it. It's better than repainting, for sure. I'm almost done. I lack about 12 feet of wall (with a big window in the middle) and I'm done. It's taking forever because I'm just moving the furniture out, painting the wall behind it, and moving it back after it's dry to the touch. I know, that's not the easiest way to paint but the idea of emptying my room, with everything else out of place in my house, was just too overwhelming.

The alcoholic carpenter continues moving slowly in his (my) quest to get the bathroom finished. He laid the tile yesterday (finally) finishing at 6:00 last night. The mortar has to dry 24 hours before he can grout it so I don't expect him here today. Once the tile is grouted and that dries, we can prime then paint. We still need to buy the woodwork and paint that before he installs it. We're in the homestretch...I hope so anyway! Of course, the million-dollar plumber still has to come back and install the sink and toilet. (First, I've got to do some creative budgeting to buy the sink and toilet!) I'm so glad this project is almost done!

I'm up this morning, having taken Cori to the dentist at 9:00. We're back home now, waiting for Alli, Beth, and Elvis to get dressed so we can go to Wal-Mart. We need paint for the new bathroom and more primer, along with more painting tools. After Wal-Mart, I plan to finish painting my room while Beth cleans the ceiling in my bathroom. After that, I can start priming in there. My hand is going to be permanently fused to a paintbrush or roller handle before this week is over.

Alli and I are talking...slowly. We had a good day yesterday. She was pleasant and helpful. I'm still struggling with missing her wedding, but keep reminding myself that is her choice. We've weathered a lot in our relationship so I hope we survive this, too. If not, life goes on.

Beth is showing her butt these days. She seems to think she can run loose and do as she pleases. She's pushing all the limits and being a brat. She was late getting home Sunday night, claiming I didn't tell her when to be home. Umm...That's why you have a curfew. I don't have to tell you each time. You need to be home by curfew unless you hear something differently. As a result, she wasn't allowed to spend the night with her friend last night and had to be home an hour earlier. She wasn't happy but she complied. I guess that's all I can hope for. My sources still tell me she's leaving on her birthday in June. Again, life will go on.

Cori actually had a great day yesterday. She was chatty and pleasant. If she'd act this all the time (or even most of the time) I'd not be shipping her to respite for spring break. I'm planning for her to go to respite tomorrow or Thursday for about a week. The respite provider is in our county so that will make things a little easier. I'll send a frozen cheesecake and a couple of presents for her birthday and we'll have a proper celebration when she comes back from respite.

2 comments:

Kimmah said...

I think that the elopment is probably her way of avoiding the stress of having to have you and birth mom around. If you're invited, then she'll feel compelled to invite the mother.And then BW's family will have to be included, etc. Elopement really does aleviate a lot of stress. Looking back, W. and I really wished that we'd eloped. Much easier.

Jane said...

Eloping isn't usually announced ahead of time. It feels like she's rubbing it in my face. I know, it's just me taking the whole thing too personally, but, it IS personal. My daughter is getting married. I've been through so much crap with her lately. I'd like to be involved in something happy with her for a change.