Friday, March 28, 2008

They are gone

At 6:40 this morning, a big piece of my heart drove away in a silver Mustang. Before she left she hugged me and told me not to cry. I told her to bite my big butt. Just like she could make the decision to run off and get married, I get to make the decision about how I spend my weekend. It's going to be a looooooooooong weekend at my house.

I did cave on my earlier decision not to give her an Easter basket. As they left, I handed them the biggest Easter basket I could find on clearance sale at Wal-Mart last night. It was filled to the brim with clearance plastic eggs....and EACH of those eggs contained a condom. Cori, Beth, Elvis and I will spend the weekend eating the candy that Alli and Boy Wonder thought I put in those eggs.

I am working on some plans to salvage the weekend. While we still have lots of work to do around the house, we need to have a little fun, too. The girls want to go buy "vacation food." (When we travel, to cut costs, we stay in hotels with microwaves so we don't have to eat out, thereby saving some money. To keep that from getting monotonous, we buy what has come to be known as vacation food to eat at hotels. These are things I'd never buy to eat at home - Easy Mac, ramen noodles, pizza rolls, ravioli, Hot Pockets, etc.) So, in between painting today, we'll run to the neighborhood store and load up on junk food. We're all hoping it makes the work a little more fun and takes our minds off what we are being excluded from at the beach...and the the simple fact that we aren't at the beach.

2 comments:

Tudu said...

I love the basket! Enjoy all the vacation food and candy.

Anonymous said...

Between the silver Mustang and the basket of condoms I think you have the beginnings of a country music song.