Sunday, April 20, 2008

Call me paranoid

I'm keeping Beth out of school tomorrow. I know. Nothing is going to happen at school. I'm just nervous about taking that risk. Beth says all her friends are staying home. I called the co-worker with a kid at Beth's school and she's keeping both her kids home. Her daughter called one of her teachers who said, as a mother, she'd keep her kids out. I've had contact with a city police officer who is keeping all his kids (middle and high school) home tomorrow. I can't help but believe that he knows something the rest of us don't. It's just one day....I hope.

She doesn't get a free day to lounge around, though. She's going with me to my school. If we end up locked down, she can help me entertain my students. I do think it's quite likely that they will try to keep us inside the building and in our own rooms as much as possible. We have several kids in our school who have parents in one of the local, scary gangs.

How can this happen in my tiny little town? If it is happening here, it must be happening everywhere.

No comments: