Saturday, April 19, 2008

Gang Retaliation Watch 2008 continues

Things are still odd here in town. Beth received multiple chain texts last night warning her not to go to school Monday. As of right now, she's going. I'm all for safety but we have to live. Her school was not the primary target of the threats that mobilized all the law enforcement Friday. The other big school was.

Every where you go today in town, your see some type of officer. Police, state troopers, and sheriff's deputies seem to be around every corner. This is definitely not the norm in our little town so I have to think there is still a reason to be cautious. We're all home tonight and for once, I'm glad to have everyone near by. I don't have to worry about who is where and doing what.

Beth is still bummed about missing her movie last night and wanted to go tonight. I won't let her. I did offer to take her tomorrow afternoon and she was good with that. Perhaps I'll be seeing "Prom Night" tomorrow. Or, perhaps I'll sit in the van and read the 5th Harry Potter book.

No comments: