Monday, May 5, 2008

My fault

Still not over my anger enough to blog about the biggie at my house right now, but I have plenty of other stuff going on.

Beth got her cell phone taken away at school today and, honestly, I guess it was my fault. I'd texted her to tell her I'd gotten her an orthodontist appointment. Technically, she shouldn't have been checking her texts at school. But, she did and a teacher saw her and asked for her phone. There are differing versions of events after that. The teacher said Beth was argumentative and refused to hand over the phone. Beth said she just told him it was a message from her mom and she wanted to check it. Either way, she was sent to the office and threatened with being thrown out of school. She sat in the office for an hour and a half before the principal got to her. He didn't know her name and knew she hadn't been in trouble before. She gets to stay in school but, as per policy, the school holds her phone for two weeks and then I can pick it up. No complaints from me. The school handled it exactly like we knew they would.

Cori was withdrawn from school by DCS today. That is my official notification that she's not coming back. (I already knew.) You do think they would tell me, don't you? Whatever. Now that she's withdrawn, I'll take that as my cue to pack her stuff and drop it at DCS. I still think she's made allegations against me. I've never had the moving of a foster child happen like this. Every time the phone rings, I expect it to be an investigator. I wonder if that feeling will ever wear off? Even if I don't get investigated, I have no doubt she's told them horrible things about me. I don't know why I let that bother me, but I do. You'd think after 10 years, I wouldn't let things like this get to me. I do.

In today's bright spot, our school fund-raiser ended today. Our principal had to kiss a pig. The PTA moms did a great job rounding up the pig. We were visited by 1,002 pound pig named Gilligan. Gilligan was a sight to behold. After letting our good-natured principal kiss him on the snout (twice) the pig proceeded to drink a 20 ounce bottle of Mt. Dew - right from the bottle. Things I thought I'd never see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you haven't seen a pig drink from a bottle, then you've never been to Applebees for two dollar domestic beer for ladies night!