Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dull Saturday planned but I'm looking forward to it

Nothing big going on here today, at all. I've GOT to do some grocery shopping. In fact, I think I'm headed there as soon as I finish this post. I need to get it done and the sooner I go, the less crowded it will be. I've just about finished my menu plan for the week. Elvis is still asleep so I can leave him in bed. Shopping is much easier when you just have to push the cart. Pushing him in his wheelchair and pulling shopping cart behind you ups the ante quite a bit. It's definitely a learned skill. Nothing in my normal life prepared me for that kind of shopping trip. Especially when you are going to two different stores (I go to a discount store, Aldi, first, and then go to a big chain store to get whatever Aldi didn't have.) Unloading and loading his new wheelchair at two different stores is a big pain. Trying to fit a week's worth of groceries in the van around his wheelchair is a whole other pain.

After shopping for the week, I have to bring in and put all that crap away. Yes, I just referred to groceries as "crap." However, I'm always overwhelmed at the amount stuff to haul in and put away after a big shopping trip. We are out of odd stuff this time so it will be extra fun!

That's my day. That all I have to do today. There are other things I want to do. I want (need, really) to swim today. I'm sunburned from swimming yesterday so I'll need to wait until this afternoon when the sun goes down a bit. Alli and Boy Wonder got some movies last night and, along with his usual choices of disgusting manly movies (Rambo, The Hills Have Eyes 2), Alli got 27 Dresses and asked me to watch it with her. I'll gladly do that! I need to pick up my oldest nephew and drop him off at work. That's no big deal as it will take less than 30 minutes, all together.

Beth spent the night with her friend last night, so she'll be gone until late this afternoon. Alli, BW, and Elvis are planning to go to BW's mom's house and visit with one of his little nephews who is spending the day there. It looks like I might get a little time at home alone today, too. That's not something that happens often.

So, that's my plan for the day - some serious grocery shopping, some exercise, dropping my nephew off, a DVD with Alli, and a little home-alone time. Sounds like a decent day. I hope it goes like I planned. Of course, very little in my life goes as planned so I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

1 comment:

Tudu said...

I love lazy days! 27 dresses was cute.