Thursday, July 10, 2008

Busy day today. Tomorrow will be worse!

Beth had her senior pictures taken today. I'm showing my age here but when I had mine done they were on the stage in the school auditorium and we only had the formal (fake formal wear, mind you) pictures taken. Beth's were taken at a photography studio about 60 miles from home. She had to bring two different outfits for her casual shots. The whole photo session took an hour and a half! First they did her formal pictures in the drape that is supposed to look like a formal gown. Then, the did her cap and gown pictures. After that, they did her indoor casual pictures. When that production was finished, they sent us outside and we chased a an employee through the extensive back lot of the studio before finding the photographer and assistant assigned to do Beth's outdoor casual pictures. We followed her through all the water features and several barns and sheds before finding her photographer, Steven, (who was probably all of 17 years old, thankyouverymuch) just a few feet in the opposite direction of where our chase began.

For her first casual outfit, they put her on a swing in a tree beside a creek. They took several shots of that (both full-body and close ups) before parking her on a rock with her feet in the creek. Beth managed not to throw up, even though she has issues with touching "dirty" water. After the full-body and close ups in that setting, they sent her inside to change to her other casual outfit. They finished the session with some shots of her in a gazebo and leaning against what appeared to be an old shed. The day was tedious (and really, really hot/humid) but I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. We pick up the proofs on July 25.

Tomorrow, we have to get everything organized and packed for the trip to the beach. We also have to clean out the van and get the car-top carrier on. (That will be difficult since that is usually Alli's job. Since she's not going, I don't expect her to volunteer to help with that task.)

I've got to go by the eye doctor's office and pick up more contacts for me. I don't need the exam yet. I just need to get more of my prescribed contacts. I've been wearing this same set of 2-week contacts for about 3 months now. They are almost useless. I've had this on my to-do list all week but just haven't gotten there. I've GOT to do it tomorrow if I want to be able to see as I drive to the beach.

My bank lady also called tonight (well after 7:30 PM) and said I can close on my debt consolidation/rental house refinance loan...tomorrow! One more thing to schedule in my busy day. Things like that really stress me out. I've got the loan. I've been approved. I don't know why I'm dreading this last step. I am glad to be getting it done before vacation. That will be one less worry.

No comments: