Sunday, October 26, 2008

God sent me tomato soup

Well, my mom helped. I have a recipe for beef stew that I just love. The kids love it, too, and it's finally cool enough to have it. Alli and I did some shopping yesterday (without a list) and I thought I'd gotten everything I needed. I got up this morning and got busy assembling the stew. It has several ingredients and I cook it in the crock pot (because our oven is broken) so it takes a while to cook. I got everything together and I was missing the two cans of tomato soup the recipe calls for. (Okay, so it's not exactly home cooking but, I assure you, this stew is wonderful!)

Aggravated thinking I was going to have to rush and get ready to go back to the store, I started cleaning the kitchen. It desperately needed cleaning. There were dirty dishes lying around and several bags of unknown items stacked in various places. I guess I worked off some tension as I cleaned and I was feeling better about the extra trip to the store for the soup. The kitchen looked better and that made me feel better. I was a lot less aggravated when I picked up the last bag that needed to be unloaded. I knew what was in it - my mom had given me (two weeks ago) a grocery bag of instant pudding because she knew Elvis would like it. I picked up the bag, ready to store the pudding in the pantry and it felt oddly heavy to have only contained boxes of pudding...yep, that's right - along with the pudding, the bag contained exactly two cans of Campbell's Tomato Soup.

So, the kitchen looks a lot better and we had the yummy stew for dinner. Thanks, God...and Mom.

2 comments:

Cindi Campbell said...

I somehow found your blog thru Postcards from Insanity.....and yes, God sends me stuff too. Just today I did a garage sale and in the morning it was SO COLD and would you believe I wore flip-flops and I was nowhere near my house.....and I dug and dug through all the boxes of stuff and prayed "God surely you put a pair of socks in one of these boxes." And would you believe I did find ONE pair. Put them right on and felt warm all day. He does things like that ....like save a carton of half-n-half behind something for ME...just for me...He really does love us don't ya know. Blessings, Cindi
www.bringinghomenaomi.blogspot.com

Jane said...

I'm always quite thankful when He does things like that. It really helps! It's nice to know I'm not the only one on God's supply list.