Monday, November 10, 2008

It's 9:30 PM

...and the local power & water company is digging a giant crater in the road in front of my house. It's rather disconcerting, to say the least. Obviously they wouldn't be doing this at this time of night unless it was an emergency. However, I fear their emergency will create an emergency for me. (Trust me, if I can't shower in the morning, it's an emergency!) I called my mom to put her shower on alert, just in case I woke up without running water. Warning her seemed the polite thing to do as I figured if I called her in the morning at 5:30, I'd scare her to death. She was more than willing to share her shower but also had an even better idea. She called the power company emergency line to ask what was up. They said they are repairing a water leak but we'll have water in the morning. Yay!

So, now that I know I'll have water in the morning, I'm a little less stressed. Of course, I've somehow got to get Elvis (and me) to sleep with the sounds of backhoes and what sounds like a jackhammer right outside our bedroom window. At least the flashing lights are pretty!

No comments: