Monday, November 3, 2008

My bubble=burst

Wow. I had a pleasant evening with Alli. She was out in my part of the house. She had Elvis but she was actually taking care of him. We chatted about our day and just life in general - absolutely nothing exciting but we haven't had a normal conversation in months. I was sitting here thinking, hey, my daughter actually wants to spend time with me and talk to me. WRONG! Boy Wonder was just napping in their room and she didn't want Elvis to disturb him. Burst my bubble, why don't ya? As soon as BW woke up (guess he needed a nap after a hard day of not doing one damn thing) she dumped Elvis and me, and took off back to their room. Elvis and I have decided we've had enough rejection for the day and are headed to bed early.

By the way, Happy Birthday, Elvis. The big 0-6! He had a big day at school. We took cupcakes and treat bags for the kids in his class. They also happened to have a visit from a local artist who makes clay projects with the kids. Elvis got to make a plate with his class and a turkey with my class. I think he had a great day! I can't believe he's six. Out of my 30-some-odd kids, he's the only one I brought home from the hospital.

2 comments:

Mongoose said...

Poop. :( I feel bad for you. And Elvis. I usually find that in my life too, that if people are being nice to me there's usually an ulterior motive.

It's none of my business but I some times wonder why you never adopted an infant.

Jane said...

Mongoose, I started trying to reply to you in a comment but it got waaaaay too long. How about I post it as a separate post?