Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve = Fondue Night

Only in my circle, I'm sure, but we're sooo excited. We've done this every Christmas Eve for years. My family joins a family of 7. My mom comes, too. Boy Wonder is refusing to go but I'm happy to announce that Alli is going without him. (A few short months ago, she'd have missed one of her favorite events of the year just because he didn't want to go.) Beth and Spider-Pig are coming, too. By the end of the evening, we are stuffed full of bread dipped in cheese fondue, venison cooked in oil, and every kind of sweet dipped in the chocolate. It's a long, loud, fun-filled evening that we eagerly anticipate every year!

I'm about to make my last shopping trip out in the frenzied city. I need to buy the items to dip in the chocolate fondue, along with a few drinks to share. I still need to buy for a friend's husband but he's easy. He likes scratch-off lottery tickets. Those are always one of the last gifts I buy. I don't have my nephews' gifts yet, either, but their mom is helping me choose those. They got a Wii so Wii accessories might be better than the traditional gift cards. It also occurred to me late last night that Elvis' main gift must need batteries. I need to open it and make sure I've got what we need.

Of course, completing my tasks requires me to put down my new book. I'm in page 346 now. I just started it late last night. I've done a lot of reading and not very much sleeping. I got even less sleep than I'd intended because after I stopped reading at 1:30 AM, Elvis decided to wake up at 2:00 AM. Thanks, Buddy. I couldn't tell that he needed/wanted anything...he was just awake. I'm really hoping to squeeze an hour nap into my afternoon. Of course, even if I do block out that time, I'd probably just end up reading instead of sleeping. I'm going to be really sad when I finish that last book. I don't like it when good things end.

So, let the festivities begin!

No comments: