Saturday, December 6, 2008

Funny from my classroom

One day this week, one of my students asked me where we were going that day. (Meaning what specialty class did we have that day.) I was in the middle of 5 other things and I told him we had music class. I quickly remembered that it was actually their gym and apologized. I told him I had a bunch of things in my mind and I'd gotten them all scrambled up. Another student, who what standing nearby and had overheard the conversation, said "That happens to old people." Thanks, Sweetie.

I summarized the conversation and sent it home with the child who said that. I loved it. I thought it was hilarious and wanted them to enjoy it, too. The mom sent me a note the next day telling me that when they'd read it at home, their older son (a second grader) said, "Well, she's not THAT old." I had to laugh again because, some days, I do feel that old. And, with a birthday fast approaching, I'm getting older by the second.

No comments: