Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bothering all the restaurant workers in the family

Today we drove up to have a late lunch at the catfish restaurant where Boy Wonder is now working. It's brand new and just opened officially yesterday. He said they were busy all opening day.

Alli, Elvis, and I were joined by another friend, her husband, and son. The lunch was good. The place was nice. All the employees were really sweet. And BW got a break just before we finished eating so he joined us for a bit, too. Since we are now out of restaurants that employ family members, I guess we'll be eating at home the rest of the weekend.

My nephew is spending the night tonight. He's 8 and has very unusual verbal skills to go along with a really creative imagination. He's entertained me all evening. I let him stay up until he absolutely melted down from exhaustion. I'm hoping he'll sleep in a little in the morning.

In an attempt to better track my money, I've kept track of every penny I've spent in the month of January. I hope so spend some time tomorrow afternoon, weeding through all of that and see what I spent money on and look for ways to spend less. I have to admit it's a rather daunting pile of papers but I do think it's worth the effort. However, I'm also dreading seeing how much I spent in certain categories (fast food, for example).

1 comment:

Mongoose said...

What's helped me reduce my spending the most isn't keeping track of it but just asking myself "do I really need this?" before I buy it. Other than food, it doesn't really leave much to spend money on. :) Good luck!