Friday, May 8, 2009

Shark Boy

Elvis always does things the hard way. This trend is continuing with his teeth. He has his first permanent tooth growing in...behind the baby tooth it's supposed to replace. I"m intrigued to see if the trend continues and he actually grows a whole second row of teeth like some sharks have. The better to bite us with, I guess.

The good news is that the baby tooth in front of the permanent tooth is a little loose. It's hard to wiggle, though. When he sees one of us reaching in to wiggle it, he shoves his tongue forward and folds his lip of his bottom row (rows) of teeth. On the odd time we do get to touch the tooth, it's hard to wiggle because you can't rock it backwards. It just hits the big boy tooth back there.

It's a good thing I love this kid. He'd be pretty tough to take otherwise.

2 comments:

Mongoose said...

I grew all my permanent bottom incisors behind my baby ones and I turned out all right. :)

Jane said...

LOL! That gives me hope. Did your baby teeth come out on their own or did a dentist have to help?

PS I have another blog - a private one. I'd love to invite you to read but I'd need your email address. You can email me through my profile if you are interested.