Saturday, June 13, 2009

June Birthday-mania

Lots of family members have June birthdays. Alli's is June 2. Beth's is the 10th. My brother's is also the 10th. My aunt's is the 12th. Add to that the birthday of a close friend's son on June 1, and we have a looot of June birthdays.

I combined Alli's and Beth's birthdays and took them out to lunch right between their actual birthdays. We also went to a local park Wednesday and celebrated Alli, Beth, and friend's son's birthdays all together. The candles on the cupcakes were the numbers 52 - their ages added together.

I took my brother and aunt out to eat last night to celebrate theirs. It was a nice evening. I can't remember the last time just the three of us did anything together. It was a different vibe without spouses or kids but it was a nice change.

Today, we are getting up and heading to my mom's hometown for...another birthday celebration - LOL! However, we will be celebrating everyone's birthday there today. Her family lives about 2 hours away and we don't get together as often as we should. So, we pick a Saturday every summer and celebrate all at once. Everyone brings a funny birthday card. We sign them and drop them in a box. Everyone draws one out and reads it to the group. Surprisingly, both my girls (and SpiderPig) are going along today. (Just Elvis and I went with my mom last year.) I'm not quite sure why the change of plans but I'm glad they are going. They really like one of my aunts there and she may be the draw. Doesn't matter. It looks to be a good day!

No comments: