Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I didn't invite my girls to our family Mother's Day lunch this year. We didn't really have any concrete plans until the day or so before. Beth had already texted me that she was working. I haven't had a holiday with Alli since Boy Wonder joined us. I went ahead and made plans with my extended family and a close friend.

About an hour before I was leaving for the park, Alli asked what time everyone was coming over. Umm, they aren't. Boy Wonder was working so she did end up joining us. My mom, aunt, brother, sister-in-law, and nephews, along with friend and her husband and 5 kids all joined us at the park. It was a calm, low-key gathering for once. A good time was had by all.

Alli got me a card and Beth dropped by while I was still at the park and left a DVD for me. Meanwhile, I actually managed to get my mother a gift she really liked! I'm never good at buying gifts for her but this time, I did well. I got her a stand mixer. (Not an expensive KitchenAid one but it is a decent Sunbeam brand.) I was so sure she was going to return it for whatever reason (too big, didn't need it, etc.) that I taped the receipt inside the top of the box. She shocked me by being very excited about it and assured me she was not going to return it. It's nice to have found something she liked so much.

The countdown is on to the end of school. I'm ready to be out for the summer. Beth is still on track to graduate in two weeks. Let's hope she makes it.

No comments: