Saturday, September 29, 2007

50 Random Facts About Me

1. I teach school.

2. Most days, I enjoy teaching school.

3. I love the beach - any beach!

4. I overuse exclamation points! Deal with it!

5. I have a myspace page, even though I'm probably too old.

6. I love to read.

7. Grey's Anatomy is my very favorite TV show of all time.

8. My pool looks like a pond complete with frogs - BIG frogs!

9. My dog always needs a bath but never gets one.

10. The 90 year old woman next door keeps her yard looking better than mine.

11. I'm a foster parent.

12. Some days, I enjoy being a parent.

13. I spend way too much time online - usually doing nothing.

14. Instead of being online, I should be doing something productive in real life.

15. Even if I weren't online, I'd find some other way to avoid being productive in real life.

16. Between us, my best friend and I have 10 children right now.

17. We have sucessfully taken all of them out to eat and gotten compliments from strangers about how well-behaved they are.

18. My children are evidently able to totally fool strangers.

19. Some days I wish I didn't have to feed my children. (Is there a law requiring 3 meals a day or is that merely a suggestion?)

20. I think stupid people should not be allowed to breed.

21. I used to really like to watch movies but lately I can rarely concentrate on one long enough to finish it.

22. I can watch a favorite movie over and over and over - much to the annoyance of my kids.

23. It's quite possible I watch favorite movies repeatedly just to annoy my children.

24. Annoying my children really is just one more service I offer.

25. I'm turning 40 soon and I'm buying myself a present - A RED MINI-VAN!

26. I eat when I'm stressed. I must be stressed a lot because I need to lose about a million pounds.

27. I need to manage my money better.

28. My dishwasher has been broken for over 2 years.

29. I hate to wash dishes.

30. Last week, I bought 600 plastic forks and 600 plastic spoons. I shouldn't have to wash any forks or spoons for a very long time.

31. I just started a two-week fall break.

32. I hope to spend at least a quarter of my fall break days in my jammies.

33. My mother just turned 70 and I can't keep up with that woman. Just watching her makes me tired.

34. One of my foster daughters plays in a baseball league for people with disabilities. I love watching their games and practices.

35. I used to teach special ed and loved it but I can't imagine myself ever going back to it.

36. I love potatoes! If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be potatoes. I have never met a potato I didn't like. (Guess that explains my lack of success on the low-carb diet, huh?)

37. My days start off so much better if there is a cold, 20-ounce Diet Mt. Dew in my fridge.

38. Most of my father's family lives right here in the same small town where I live. If I see any of them more than twice a year, it's unusal. I don't know why. I like them. We just don't run in the same circles.

39. Mothers of teenagers know why some animals eat their young.

40. I voted for Bill Clinton. I might be able to vote for his wife. We'll see.

41. I hate politics. I learn the bare minimum so as not to waste my vote but that is it!

42. Being a foster/adoptive parent, I've come to hate Wal-Mart and the county fair. We are guaranteed to run into a member of someone's biological family at both places.

43. I spend a lot of money and time driving to other counties to shop and for entertainment, just to avoid the chance of running into members of someone's biological family.

44. Time spent avoiding members of someone's biological family is never wasted.

45. Elvis (my former foster son, now my grandson) makes me smile every single day.

46. I wish I could afford to have someone clean my bathrooms. I hate that job!

47. If I don't do some basic upkeep on my house, it's going to fall on our heads. I just hope I have paid up the insurance when it finally happens.

48. I've instructed members of my family to have me committed if I ever agree to foster another teenage boy. (I've tried two and neither went well.)

49. My now 17 year old daughter once asked me who she would live with if I ever got arrested. I'm not sure if that is funny (because I am an obsessive rule-follower) or sad (because she's had to deal with that situation in the past). (To make her feel more secure, we do have a plan. She will live with my mom if I go to jail.)

50. I used to think I could save my kids from their pasts. Now, I'm not so sure. Some don't need saving. Other's don't want it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you have a plan if you go to jail... :)

Tudu said...

ROFLMAO! That has to be the greatest undiscovered post of all times.