Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Changes, changes...

Well, we survived our trip to the beach. It wasn't always fun but we had a nice time overall. Perhaps a little too much family togetherness with 6 people crammed in the minivan. We've been back a couple of days and are gradually adjusting to life without a beach.

Things finally came to a head with Alli and she and Elvis moved out last night. I'm sad and relieved all at the same time. She turned 20 and suddenly knew everything. It's hard to combat that mindset. There is a lot of anger on both sides right now. I can only hope that as time goes on, we'll at least be on speaking terms again. Her bio sister is still here so things will be awkward.

Now, practical matters have to be addressed. Her cell phone is on my account (at least for the next 20 minutes when the customer service office opens). I'll have them turn it off on Friday, giving her a few days to get her own account. She knows the alarm code and password so those will have to be edited with the alarm company. Under normal circumstances I trust her completely. However, she is not thinking clearly right now.

I'll have to plan something extra fun with the other kids. This has become our ritual. When someone leaves, we plan a fun event/trip to begin building memories in our new family configuration. It's not always easy at the time but it is worth the effort down the road.

I'm too sad to write more now. I'll be back when I've had some time to think this all through.

No comments: