Sunday, November 25, 2007

50%

As Alli gets more comfortable with my knowing about her pregnancy, I'm getting more and more details.

~ She's due in June.
~ The father is 23 and still lives with his parents.
~ She is 12 weeks today.
~ She's been spotting for a couple of weeks and the doctor only gives her a 50% chance of having the baby live.

Why does this last one make me sad? If she'd told me this last week when she first told me she was pregnant, I'd probably have done a dance of joy. Now it's different. I guess I've had time to adjust and realize that while I wouldn't have chosen for her to have another baby, it's not the end of the world. I've also had time to process that this baby is my grandchild. Life is so complicated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I don't know what to say about this one. I just pray that everything works out the way that is best for everyone, whatever that may be.
Stephanie

Jane said...

That's where I am, too. It's not going to be easy either way.