Friday, November 23, 2007

Great day yesterday!

Given the current situation in my house, I'd never have expected Thanksgiving to go so well. I can honestly say we all had a great day! My brother and his family were at his in-laws' house so we were down a few in attendance. We had only 10 people there. My mom (obviously, since we were at her house), me, Allie, Beth, Cori, Elvis, Cori's bio grandmothers, and a young couple (from the Dominican Republic) who join us for holidays every year. (They briefly rented an apartment from my mom a few years ago. The only family they have in our area don't celebrate holidays. We've become their holiday-family, and wouldn't have it any other way!)

The food was plentiful and yummy. The people were friendly. We ate about 1:00 and spent the afternoon talking and dozing, before having leftovers for a late dinner. Nothing unpleasant was discussed. No cross words were spoken. I had a great day!

Today, we slept in and then had take-out Chinese for lunch. I laid down with Elvis at his nap time, hoping to doze off with him. He had other plans, though, and had a big seizure a few minutes after falling asleep. We let him seize for almost 10 minutes before giving him the emergency meds to stop it. (The meds knock him out for the rest of the day and make him sluggish and cranky for a couple more days. We don't give it until we realize the seizure is not going to stop in its own in a timely manner.) After that production, I was wide awake.

Now, Elvis is passed out on my bed, probably seeing the psychedelic animals from Fantasia marching through his drug-induced dreams. The girls have gone to get their nails done at a new, cheap nail salon. (While I fear they will catch a nasty fungus from the cut-rate shop, it's nice to have a little solitude around here for a few minutes.)

My thoughts about Alli and the pregnancy are still all over the place. At times, I think we'll be okay. At other times, I just don't know.

No comments: