Friday, December 28, 2007

Boring rainy day

We had thunderstorms off and on all last night and this morning. At one point or another everybody was up because of the really loud thunder. It literally shook the whole house. I love to sleep during storms but a few of these made me nervous, too, just because the thunder was so loud and long.

The storms lead to a grey, rainy day. It stopped raining about noon but stayed dark and gloomy. We'd not left the house since Christmas Day so we really need to get out. Our options are limited when the weather is bad. We settled on a movie (like we haven't been there a lot lately). Thank goodness they have the cheap matinees. (Also, thank goodness we take our own snacks.) We picked Enchanted. The previews looked good. We needed a feel-good movie. My 3 nephews met us there. That is guaranteed to liven things up. Everyone enjoyed the movie and enjoyed the fact that we were out in the real world for a couple of hours.

Tomorrow, we will be out a long time. We are driving two hours each way to have Christmas dinner with my mom's family. They are very nice people, but unless someone dies during the year, this is the only time we see them. It limits our conversations because we don't really know each other. Everybody but us (my crew, my brother and his family, and my mom) all live there. They see each other regularly and know each other well. We are the outsiders. They are very nice and my kids LOVE one of my aunts there, but it makes for a long afternoon. Despite my complaining, I don't mind going. I just wish my life was set up that we could go more often and actually get to know them.

Cori continues to push the limits. I had to crack down on her my space page. She's obviously been watching too much Tila Tequila trash on MTV, as she'd changed her display name to Cori Corona. Umm, no way. She huffed and she puffed but was unable to blow my house down (much to her dismay). She changed her display name to something that is probably just as bad but I don't understand the code. Someone will rat her out if I wait a day or two. She tends to burn lots of bridges behind her and someone is always willing to narc.

Alli's ultrasound is coming up in about 2 weeks. I'm still planning to go. I haven't yet been allowed to meet the baby's father but I guess I will that day, as he is still planning to go, too. We've had some indirect communication through Alli and via myspace. He's not a bad guy. I'm just not sure he's father material. I also don't think he's husband or even monogamous boyfriend material. He seems rather like a large child. He's 23 and still lives with his mom, brother, and cousin. His interests are "football, women, and 'wrastling'." My sources tell me he's pushing Alli to move in with him (them). That has disaster written all over it. Where in the world will they add her and Elvis to the existing space. I'm willing to bet he's already sharing a room with someone.

No comments: