Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Ups and Downs of 2007

Highlights

~ Beth snapped out of her hormone-ravaged teenager phase and once again became the sweet young lady I knew was in there somewhere.

~ We had some great vacations - beach, mountains, indoor water park.

~ Some interesting foster children came.

~ Some interesting foster children left.

~ Alli is being more pleasant and treating me like a human again.

~ Getting to know Alli and Beth's biological little sister



Lowlights

~ Obviously, Alli's unplanned pregnancy

~ Alli dropping out of college (that I paid for).

~ Due to recent events in my family (most specifically Alli's pregnancy) my friendship with my best friend is ending.

~ Cori's whole "Screw the world" motto for her life

~ Two months of misery with Alli being horrible. (I now know she was trying to hide the pregnancy from me but at the time I had no clue as to what was going on.)

~ The reappearance in our lives of Alli and Beth's birthmom

~ The crashing of my computer hard drive and the loss of our digital pics (back yours up, folks!)


After the chaos that was 2007, I'm scared to even try to predict what will happen with my family in 2008. Despite my fear, I'll give it a shot:

I think Alli will make a horrible decision and move in with the large child that is the father of her baby. How many ways can you spell disaster??

I think Alli will give up/lose custody of Elvis if she does this.

I think Beth just might go to Brazil this summer on a mission trip with people from our church.

I think Cori will leave my home under some pretty dramatic circumstances.

I think Elvis will start kindergarten in the fall.

I think Alli will have a baby (duh!)

I think I may be done fostering.

Buckle your seat belts and stay tuned. Anything can happen but it's guaranteed to be a wild ride!

1 comment:

Tudu said...

I am completely addicted now and I must have missed how you are losing your best friend over your dd's pregnancy. Please explain unless you intentionally left it out.