Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Santa was good to all


Christmas Day went well. Everyone got lots of loot. (Of course, now we need to do some major house cleaning to make room for the new stuff.) I was up until about 2:00 AM getting things set out and organized. Cori bounced into my room about 6:30 and I sent her back to bed. I just wasn't ready. Everyone got up about 7:00 so then I had to get up. It seems everyone got something he or she wanted and several things he or she needed. Alli, Beth, and I all got new cell phones. Cori got a pink digital camera. (She would have loved a cell phone but the minimum age for one of those here is 16.) Elvis' favorite gift is a train set. He loves to lie in the middle of the oval track and watch the train as it goes around and around and around him. He's already worn out one set of batteries.
We opened gifts and then drifted off to our own devices. We were to meet at my mom's at 2:00 for a late lunch. My SIL called and asked if we could push that back to 3:00. Sadly, we were even later and didn't leave home until almost 3:30. Once we got there, things were fun. We'd given my 3 nephews each a can of fart putty. That kept things hopping. We stayed and talked until about 9:00.
By the time we got home, I think everyone had had enough family togetherness and again drifted into our neutral corners. Alli was in her room fighting (via phone and text) with the father of her baby. I don't know why. I just stayed out of it. Cori hit the computer. Beth changed Elvis into his new Mater jammies. (For those with no small boys in your home, Mater is the tow truck from the movie, "Cars." His name is Tow Mater. Elvis loves all things Cars.) Once they were both in jammies, they took off to her room to watch Elf one last time for the season. I wandered through the house, picking up, straightening, and promising myself that we would get the house in order today. I did a couple of loads of laundry before chasing Cori to bed.
Christmas 2007 was good. I can't wait to see what 2008 has in store for us....a new baby, final decisions on Cori's role in our family, a trip out of the country for Beth...We'll see!

No comments: