Monday, December 24, 2007

Sar far, so good

It's 11:00 AM on Christmas Eve. Cori had me wake her at 7:30 and her grandmothers picked her up at 8:30. Their next stop was the residential school where one of Cori's sisters lives. They have a full day of eating and gift opening planned. This is the first time they've had Christmas together in about 6 years. It was long overdue.

Beth is with my friend baking and decorating gingerbread men. I dropped her off there at 10:00. Then, I braved the local grocery for the last few things for our evening of fondue fun. All I have left to do for dinner tonight is make rice krispie treats. We are planning to dip these in our chocolate fondue (along the Beth's gingerbread men). I've never made rice krispie treats but I've read the recipe, gathered the ingredients, and I'm ready to give it a shot.

Alli and Elvis are still asleep. I'm enjoying having a few minutes to myself before the Christmas crazies officially start in a few hours.

No comments: