Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Welcome Break

Tomorrow we head out of town for a few days break. It's our annual trip to an indoor water park. We usually drive all the way to Wisconsin but the hotel we stay at recently opened a new branch in Ohio, so we are trying that one this year. It will not be exactly the same but it will cut our drive in half. That will help a lot.

Not all of us are going. Since the kids will be missing two days of school for the trip, I'm only taking the ones who are actually passing. Cori will be staying with my mom. (Keep my mom in your prayers, please. She might be in for a rough few days.) Turns out she couldn't have gone anyway. There is a hearing to ratify her permanency plan and her case worker insists she has to be there.

So, Alli, Beth, Elvis, and I (along with my friend, her husband, and their 5 kids) will be hitting the road really early in the morning. I can't wait to have a couple of days to lounge around and not have to do anything I don't want to do. That doesn't happen often in my life and I've learned to enjoy it when it does. Due to her "delicate condition," Alli can't do much there (no hot tub or water slides) so I guess she'll be able to supervise Elvis in his idea of Heaven (the kiddie pool area).

This will be the first time I've ever been there without a little one (or a big one with issues) who needs constant supervision. I'm planning to soak in the hot tub as long as I want! I'll be home in time to celebrate my big 4-0 and finish off the semester at school. Christmas break is getting closer...I hope I make it!

No comments: