Monday, January 14, 2008

I have an announcement

I haven't cried since Saturday. Ordinarily, that wouldn't be newsworthy, but with the state of my life right now, it is!!!

Life is still cruising along. Alli has hung out around the house a lot. Boy Wonder is still very much in the picture. However, she is laughing and talking with us again, so I feel better.

Report cards came out last week. Beth's was decent - possibly one of her best ever. Nothing outstanding but she passed everything and that was a relief to her. She's on the right track for now and is reaping the benefits. She has her cell phone back full-time. She's allowed to spend the night with her best friend. She's enjoying the freedom. I'm enjoying having one I can trust. I'm sure I'm much more involved in her life than the parents of most 17.5 year olds. She doesn't have free reign but she's feeling good.

Cori's report card wasn't so outstanding. She probably has the highest IQ of any of the kids I've fostered but her grades stink. She had the lowest grade on her report card of any kid in her homeroom. Makes a mother proud, huh? She's torn between wanting to stay and wanting to try another family. Little does she know that I've made the decision that she will be trying another family. I have told her that she just doesn't seem happy here and I think there might be a family out there that will be perfect for her. She'd like to try a family with two moms and no other kids. I don't know that she can special order a family, but you never know.

Elvis is Elvis. He plugs along and enjoys most anything. He's always a little crabby when he and Alli and out too much. He much prefers to be home in his familiar surroundings. For someone who can't speak or move, he has quite the little personality. He may be tiny but he's large and in charge.

No comments: