Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hostile Daughters

What.a.day!

Cori (who has multiple violations for inappropriate content on her myspace page) was warned months ago that another f-word on her page and she would be permanently removed from myspace for the rest of the time she lived at my house. You guessed it. Her status last night included the phrase "I'm fucCing confused." Hello, Cori. I wasn't born yesterday and I'm really not stupid. You are off the computer until you move to your new house. She whined, "But that could be months..." No, really, it won't be months. At most it will be weeks, and I'm really hoping for "week." She's wishing me dead right now. I hope she doesn't follow through. In the meantime, I'm going to have some fun with her page. I'm going to make it all cute and girly. (It's currently dark and goth.) I'm also going to delete all her friends that she doesn't know in real life. Some may call it passive-aggressive. I think I've got to find my fun where I can!!!!

Beth, due to her recent, less than stellar performance in English, is grounded this weekend. No big deal, right? She is livid that I would dare to ground her. Mind you, it's ONE weekend. Not one month, or one year - we're talking 2 days here. In addition to the school troubles, her misuse of her cell phone continues, too. I now take possession of the phone until 7:00 PM when our free night minutes start. She has stalked around a lot of the evening. Refusing to speak a syllable to me. She's also probably plotting my death but I'm 99.99% sure she won't attempt to carry her plans out. She has much more power. She said she's going to go live with her "real mother" when she turns 18 this summer. Those words hurt so badly. I can't begin to imagine if she knows the power of those words, but I guess she does. She sure didn't hesitate to let them fly today. This is the mother who surrendered her parental rights rather than pay $50 a month child support. The mother who dumped her kids when a new boyfriend came along and didn't want her kids in the way. The woman who, literally, committed crimes against these kids. Sure, turn 18 and go check her out. Just keep practicing, "Do you want fries with that?" and learn to make change. Those are skills you are guaranteed to need in your life with her.

I had my discussion with Alli via text today. She texted me something and ended it with "I love you." Being snarky, I replied, "Then why the heck are you so mad at me all the time?" Her reply was, "It's not u. I just can't get myself together." I said, "It feels like it's me." And all she said was, "I promise it's not you." Our exchange ended there, as I had to work. We did have a few other pleasant conversations as the day went on. She picked us up from school and had me drop her at BW's house. (Side note: Today marked one month since the birth/death of Blair. I'm sure that is affecting her, too. But dang it, don't take it out on me!!!!)

Now, anyone want to trade houses/families with me for the weekend? I've seriously considered leaving them here to fend for themselves and checking myself into the Comfort Inn out by the interstate. I just need to be in a room for a while without the presence of people who claim to hate me. Am I asking too much???? Whether they believe it or not, I do have feelings and they've been stomping all over them lately.

1 comment:

Tudu said...

I think it is great you helped her upgrade her MySpace page, what a caring mother you are to keep her safe from strangers and help her present her self in an appropriate way. You go, Mom.

That whole real mother thing does hurt. It is meant to. One day I told one of my old fd's that if she didn't behave I was going to get me a real kid that would. She flipped around and looked me straight in the face shocked. It took her a minute and then she burst out laughing. Later, we talked about how it feels to be reminded they are not biologically related and it is a rejection every time it was said, she stopped saying it and eventually signed her self back into care when she turned 18 and finished high school, accrediting that moment.