Saturday, March 29, 2008

1888 Days

Alli has been with me approximately 1,888 days. Today is the first of those days that I haven't spoken a word to her. Obviously, if I've taken the time to add that up, I need to find a hobby.

Aside from a few teary episodes, I've been okay today. Beth is staying with a friend again so that leaves me as sole caretaker for Elvis. He is missing his mom and his Aunt Beth so we've been teary together a few times today.

I've primed and painted the new bathroom. It's swimming pool blue. I need some work at looking at paint chips and deciding what they will look like in real life on my wall. Actually, it's not too bad and, since it's Alli's bathroom, I don't have to look at it. I haven't made much progress on my bathroom. I took the light fixture down yesterday to remove the wallpaper that was behind it. Today has been a grey and stormy day and I couldn't really see what I was doing in there.

I've also moved the Wii into my den and Cori helped me make myself a Mii. I've bowled and played tennis on it so far. I really like it but fear it's going to make my arms hurt. (Those muscles are already tender from all the painting.) It's been a nice, fun distraction though.

My immediate concern is getting through tomorrow. I know I'll spend the whole day wondering what Alli is doing - putting on her dress, fixing her hair, etc., and wishing I was there. I've invited my mom to lunch tomorrow thinking that will distract me a bit.

No comments: