Friday, March 21, 2008

The alcoholic carpenter

Add the alcoholic carpenter to the list of people who knew about Alli's wedding before I did. I only took her in, treat her like I would treat a child I birthed, support her physically, emotionally, and financially, put up with her crap, raise her son, etc. And, after all that, I rank waaaaaay below her bio mom and the alcoholic carpenter. I don't even know why I care any more. I sure wish I didn't.

After the alcoholic carpenter announced the fact he'd been keeping her secret, I managed to hold it together until he left. Now, I sit here crying. If I'm this upset now, I can't begin to imagine what I'll feel like this time next weekend when she's off to the beach and I'm left to sit here and wonder if they are married yet and what the ceremony was like. This parenting stuff is really starting to suck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, it does sound like it sucks (sometimes). Yet I still hold out hope that I might someday make a family thru adoption. I wanted to share this thought with you: although your daughter wants to have a private ceremony, she may not necessarily be unwilling to "share" the wedding. Why not host a small reception/party for them? You could invite your family and friends, take photos, and serve chicken. You know, just like a wedding.

- April

Jane said...

Boy Wonder would never allow that. He's the reason we aren't invited to the ceremony. He doesn't do well with groups of people. He can barely hold a conversation with me. He won't eat a meal with just us, even.