Saturday, March 22, 2008

Chillin' at the Comfort Inn

Over my 10 years of foster parenting, I've stayed at many a Comfort Inn/Comfort Suites hotels and never had a bad experience...until last night. I'd booked my room a week ahead. I'd even paid more for a room because they claimed to be out of no smoking rooms in the cheaper room configuration. I paid for a no smoking, king hot sub suite with a roll away bed. I got a very smokey, king hot tub suite with no roll away. They had no extra pillows, blankets, or sheets. I slept in a bed with Beth and her friend who was staying with us. Due to my allergy to cigarette smoke, I spent the night coughing, sneezing, and wheezing. Not at all the relaxing evening away from my problems that I'd hoped for. Choice Hotels will be hearing from me!

I did have a good time with my foster/adoptive parent friend from IN, though. We met at the Cracker Barrel next to the hotel for dinner last night. (Ever try to get a table for a party of 12 at 6:30 on a Friday night? It was also a holiday, to make it even more fun!) However, we got seated a little earlier than their estimate of 45 minutes to wait. Dinner was wild, but fun. We got to visit a little more at the hotel while the kids swam.

Her family got up and hit the road this morning to continue on to the beach. Beth and I hung out in the smokey hotel room until check out time, just to get our money's worth. We're home now and have lots to do but lack motivation to actually do anything. We've GOT to get the hall bathroom primed today. I won't accept anything less. However, I'd much rather be on my way to the beach.

No comments: