Monday, March 10, 2008

Announcement:

As of this afternoon, there are NO appliances in my living room! Both the tub and the dishwasher are happily installed in their permanent homes. It doesn't take much to make me happy these days, does it?

Cori is still Cori. I woke her for school this morning and she announced that it was her day to go to counseling. (Her worker picks her up from home for those appointments and gets to sleep later on those days.) Umm, no one told me. You are going to school. (Turns out she did NOT have an appointment today. I don't know if she really thought she did or if she was trying to manipulate herself into a day off, knowing once I left for my school she couldn't come back to get her to her school.) Whatever her plan was, it didn't work. Tonight about 5:30, she asked if she could go to a program at her school tonight. It started at 6:00. Again, no. They have known about this program for more than a week, I know. She never mentioned it to me until then. Dinner wasn't done and her school is almost 30 minutes from our house. She went to her room to pout over that. Didn't bother me. Beth and I ate dinner in peace!

The countdown to spring break is on. We have 7 more days of school with the kids there and one day of teacher training before we get a little over 2 weeks off. This is the first time in years that we haven't headed to Gatlinburg for part of our spring break. My mom rents a condo there and we have a great time. However, this year, things are different. Cori will be in respite. Alli can't bear to be away from Boy Wonder for 3 days. If Alli's not going, I'm not taking Elvis. Mom, Beth, and I could still go. However, I fear Beth might die of boredom without someone to do things with. (Mom and I are good with hanging out in the condo and working a puzzle. We've always had several kids who seemed to entertain each other.) I don't know what spring break holds. I'm looking forward to being off work and having Cori in respite. We have plenty to do around here - painting, scraping, cleaning, stripping, etc. While it will be nice to have all that done, it's not what my spring break usually looks like. I have to admit I'm rather sad.

No comments: