Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another unexpected Deb update

Deb was 8 years old when she was placed with me in January 2007 and they promised me she'd be a one night placement. She stayed over 9 months before I requested her to be moved. Her erratic and violent behavior told us all she needed a therapeutic placement. I last saw her in January. She'd been gone from my house for 3 months and was on her way to her 3rd placement after my house.

Tuesday night, I dropped a friend's kids off at a soccer practice for kids with special needs. I did a double-take at the time, thinking I saw Deb on the field but knowing she'd been placed in another county. Tonight, another friend texted me from the game for that soccer league and told me that Deb was now living in a local school for people with severe developmental delays. That was her on the field! It makes me sad, though, because even though she could be a handful, she was able to function better than the people who usually end up living at that school.

Maybe when Cori is finally gone for good, we can establish some sort of visiting relationship with Deb?

No comments: