Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm a mother-in-law

The only reason I know this is because Alli texted me about 6:00 tonight and said, "You're Boy Wonder's mother-in-law." Gee, thanks for thinking of me, Honey. I did ask if everything went okay and she said it was nice. That's all the details I have of my daughter's wedding - it was nice. I really hope I can get over this. I never imagined this would shake me like this.

My day hasn't been too bad. I stayed busy this morning making lunch. My mom stayed a while after lunch and we chatted and read the paper. I tried to introduce her to the Wii but she said we looked funny playing it. (Thanks, Mom.) Beth came home from her friend's and I'd hoped for some help with Elvis but she napped after lunch. I ended up lying down with him to get him to sleep. I watched the clock the whole afternoon, wondering what Alli was doing. All in all, even though my feelings are hurt, I'm glad today is over. I'm glad I'm upright and able to be semi-social. Tomorrow, I've GOT to get out of the house. I haven't seen any non-family people since Thursday morning. It's time to re-join the real world.

I've also got to do something about Cori's birthday. It's Tuesday and I don't have the first present for her. There are a couple if issues working there. First, my thoughts have been on Alli's wedding and nothing else. Second, I'd planned for Cori to be in respite and I thought I wouldn't need them until the weekend. And, third, I just don't have much extra cash at the moment. My paycheck should go in tonight so I'll be okay but I couldn't do much ahead of time. I guess I'll spend tomorrow doing some online ordering with fast shipping and just tell her things haven't come in yet. I will grab the Tracfone at Wal-Mart tomorrow so she will have it to open on her birthday. That's all she really cares about anyway. She's having a friend spend the night on her birthday and is very excited about that. She wants a cheesecake instead of a birthday cake so we didn't have to order that. I'll pull off a decent celebration. I always do. I'm just usually a little better prepared than I am this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, congratulations are in order. Your family is getting larger, and that is a good thing. And, maybe you could still consider a bridal shower for Alli. Even though the wedding is past, it might be fun for some of the family and friends to give her gifts and celebrate her (and you) and it wouldn't necessarily require Boy Wonder's presence if it's a "girls" event.
I still think you should see Horton Hears a Who? Even adults will enjoy it. I had a moment of howling with laughter ;-)

Blessings!
April