Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spellbound

The hall bathroom is painted! I finished this afternoon. The color is called "Spellbound." Most normal people would call it purple. Actually, it's light purple so let's call it lavender. I'd rather have a lavender bathroom than a purple one. Beth picked the color. I did the work. Seems like something is backwards there. Actually, as she grew up, her bio parents worked at painters. That gene must have skipped a generation as, bless her heart, she can't paint worth crap. I've learned to involve her in the primer step as it makes her feel a part of the action but it doesn't matter so much what it looks like. Tomorrow I'll assign the first teen that makes me angry to scrub that floor on her hands and knees. The next whiner will get to iron and hang the new shower curtain in there. The one that whines the loudest will get to scrub all the tiles and grout with a generic version of the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. By tomorrow night, we can call it DONE! And maybe the whiners will be too tired to continue whining.

We went to my mom's for lunch today. Actually, when the day started, I was going alone. I'd uninvited all my kids. I went over early to help Mom get things ready. (She's been sick and wasn't going to church.) Beth woke up and texted to ask where I was. She mentioned that she wanted to go eat ham so, I let the guilt win and and I ran home and picked up Beth and Cori before we ate. Lunch was good and the company was nice. After we ate, Beth passed out on the couch and Cori disappeared somewhere in the house. I enjoyed (for the most part) chatting with my mom and sister-in-law. My nephews were hilarious, as always. The youngest is 7 and is a hoot. He's created two super heroes - "Torrnato Girl" and "Lithgning Boy." (his spellings) He's even drawn all their arch enemies. My favorite was "The Evil Dr. Pumpkin."

Alli, of course, disappeared early and was gone all day. Early last week I'd made two requests of her. I wanted her to bring Elvis to the Comfort Inn Friday night for 30 minutes to see my friend. The other was that she come to Easter lunch at my mom's. She agreed to both but showed up at neither. I'm working on not caring but it hurts. I'm just now quite sure how I became so foul that she can't stand to spend 30 minutes with me.

Tudu, I like your idea of the strike. It just might occur this week. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: