Saturday, March 15, 2008

Super Target

I shopped at the new Target today. I left the house at 7:30, picked up my SIL and we hit the road totally kid-free. It was nice. The store was beautiful. I think this was my first time in a Super Target. I spent $81 but basically stuck to my spending plan. I bought two shower curtains, two shower curtain rods, two sets of shower curtain hooks, and three shower curtain liners (the one in my bath is a little funky, too). Lest it be an all shower curtain trip, I did stray from my plan just a little. I bought Cori a $15 shirt for her Easter basket that my mom will probably reimburse me for. (Growing up we always got a new, short sleeve shirt in our Easter baskets. Mom continues this tradition for my kids but has me buy them because I'm more likely to know what they will wear.) I also bought a pack of sponges with a scrubber on one side. I'm still working on removing the inch of wallpaper paste left of my kitchen walls. I'm about ready to just pay to sheet rock over it if I can't get it off. That was all I got for my $81.

We also went to the new Kohl's that is next to the new Target. (Isn't my little town growing up? We have real stores now!) SIL did some major damage there with money she'd gotten for her birthday. I spent $15 on a shirt for Beth's Easter basket. Again, probably to be reimbursed by my mom.

Cori was in a good mood all day because she had a dance at her school tonight. She's been looking forward to this dance for a long time. It was originally supposed to be a Snow Ball and should have been held in January. However, our Director of Schools put all school dances on hold after an unedited version of a naughty song was played at a middle school (grades 5-8) dance in December. So, it's now the Spring Fling dance or something like that. She got up and showered early. She's tried her dress on dozens of times today. She's tried so many hair styles that her hair almost looks dirty. However, she's dressed and styled and dropped off at her little school. Beth is spending the night with a friend and I'm without any children I need to supervise until I pick up Cori at 10:00.

I had planned to be home alone tonight. However, for the first time ever, Alli and Boy Wonder are hanging out here, instead of going to his house. They never do that. As much as I would have liked being home alone for a few hours, I don't mind having them around. They are in the next room playing Wii. Boy Wonder even just came and asked if I want to play! I declined for now but I'm sure I'll attempt it soon. Elvis is passed out on Beth's bed. He'll be a bear tonight and refuse to sleep after napping so late but he was really cranky.

2 comments:

Chelley said...

Good girl for sticking to your budget!!! I would have been in REAL trouble if that was me!!!

Tudu said...

How sweet that he offered for you to join them.