Saturday, April 26, 2008

Aahh, the weekend!

We finished the week without any drama. They made us keep our doors shut and locked at school. It made for a few miserable days. The temp was in the mid 80s and with doors shut and no air conditioner, we were very sweaty! They finally did turn the air on at the end of Thursday. The high Monday is supposed to be in the 60s.

Beth's school was back to normal by Wednesday or so. I didn't hear any updates on the other big school, but I assume it was, too. All the extra law enforcement and news trucks left about that time, too. Rumors are still flying via text on the kids' cell phones but no one pays them much attention anymore. I wish I thought all this nonsense was over. Instead, I'm afraid the fools are just waiting for all the hoopla to die down.

Today is a fun day at our house...It's Pool Draining Day, I hope. We never covered our pool last winter and the water is so green it's almost black. The pool guy said our best bet was to drain the thing and start over. So, I get to spend the money to rent a pump to do the draining and then pay the huge water bill to refill it. (Sadly, my brother did all this last summer and we didn't take care of it over the winter. Sometimes, life just gets in the way of doing what I need to do.) It rained here early this morning. I'm waiting to make sure the rain is over before we get the pump. The forecast looks promising, so, I'm about to drag Alli out of bed and make her go to the rental place with me. I figure at least two of us need to hear the pump directions. It promises to be a fun day...well, maybe not fun but interesting, at least! I'll try to remember to take before and after pictures to share with you.

No comments: