Thursday, April 3, 2008

An afternoon out

We'd sat around the house and griped at each other way too much this morning. After Alli, Boy Wonder, and Elvis left to go to BW's sister's house, I got the others up and ready and we headed out for some fun. We ended up going to see a movie first.

We saw "Shutter." I'm not sure why we picked this movie. It's a horror movie (which I usually won't see) and Beth had already seen it but wanted to see it again. I thought it might help get me out of the funk I've been in for the last week or so. It wasn't too scary but it also didn't have the distraction factor I'd hoped for because it is all about a ghost showing up in pictures...wedding pictures, thankyouverymuch. So much for getting my mind off things...

After the movie we drove across the county to eat at the new Cracker Barrel. Yes, we were that hard up for entertainment. We went there because the girls' cousin (Cousin It) works there. Wouldn't you know, it was her night off - LOL! The food was good anyway and we all brought home enough for another meal.

We left Cracker Barrel, headed home but drifted off course. Leaving the shopping center where the restaurant is, you have to drive around a circle. A round-about, perhaps. Beth was driving and feeling a little giddy, so she drove around it several times. While making the rounds, we decided to visit the new Target in that shopping center. So, Beth made one more round and we went to Target. We had no money to actually buy something there, but it was fun to look. We did end up spending $3.28 on tea bags to go with the Splenda I bought last night. I did see one current student, the parent of another current student, and 3 former students while I was there. Leaving Target required several more trips around the circle. I'm still a little dizzy but we made it home in one piece. (Beth's attention difficulties may not make her a good driver but they do make her fun.)

So, now we're home. Boy Wonder brought the Wii out of their room and hooked it up in the den for us. Beth and Cori are playing something to do with Mario. I'm waiting for them to drift off to other pursuits so I can try to beat Alli's high score on bowling.

Three more days off and then it's back to school.

No comments: