Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back to work

I've worked two days and am happy to say, they have been good days. You never know how the kids will be after an extended break, but my class came back happy and fun! They had lots of little tales to share but my favorite involved a little girl with some language delays. It took me the whole morning on Monday to get the story but she'd left her window down in her mom's car and a stray cat hopped in and gave birth to five kittens in the driver's seat. I love kindergarten kids!

Things are mellowing out at home, too. We're falling in to a routine that involves Boy Wonder. Alli has relaxed a little and is spending some time hanging out with us, too. That has been nice. I've missed that time terribly. She's also helping around the house. If I make her a list of things to do, she does them. Imagine that! Beth has settled down and is fun to be around, too. I know it won't last but I've learned to enjoy it while I can. Elvis is just being sweet and lovable Elvis. He's a great kid. Cori's still on her birthday high, which would be good news but, experience tells me that that only means a crash is coming. I can't wait! (Please read that last sentence with every bit of the sarcasm I intended!)

Now that I reread that last section, I notice a problem in how I react to the girls. When Beth is being pleasant, I enjoy it while it lasts. When Cori is being pleasant, I brace for the fall out. Self-fulfilling prophecy, maybe? Hmmm. I'd never thought about it before. Sadly, just more proof that I am not the best placement for Cori as I don't have the mental energy left to think about changing the way I react to her. She's exhausted me.

So, tomorrow is Wednesday. We'll be over half way through the week. I just might live to tell about it.

No comments: