Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Autopilot

I feel like I'm just drifting along. I do what I need to do and chill the rest of the time. I guess that's good. Things are fairly calm at home. Work is good. I'm sure not complaining. I guess I should be celebrating!

Cori's worker called and wanted me to take Cori to her psychiatrist appointment tomorrow night. Hmmm...Add a four hour (travel+waiting+appointment) adventure at the end of a day with 19 kindy kids? No, thanks. I've told her several times that if she switches to a local doctor, I'll be glad to do the appointments but I will not take her to these out of town ones.

Beth has a big geometry project due next week and hasn't started it, of course. I've done this project before with a former kid and I loved it so I'm looking forward to doing it with Beth. Sadly, my enthusiasm isn't rubbing off on Beth. She'd rather just not do the project. She WILL do it.

Boy Wonder was off work today because rain was in the forecast. It did rain a little this morning. I can't tell that he and Alli accomplished anything today. They were watching a Friday the 13th movie when I got home. Alli has been a big help this week. She's doing all the little errands/phone calls that I hate to do. Tomorrow is Elvis' therapy trip and she is planning on taking him.

Oh, Elvis has big news. We got a letter from his insurance today that his new wheelchair has been approved. Hopefully, he should get it in about 3 weeks! It takes forever. (We started this process in November.) His old wheelchair is literally falling apart. It also looks like a stroller with some adaptations. His new one will definitely look like a wheelchair but I'm working on accepting that. It will help him sit up and face the world. He got to pick the colors. It has a red frame and black upholstery. He's going to love it! I never thought I'd be this excited about a wheelchair but I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Elvis' new wheels!

Tudu said...

I was so excited about Ella's $2500 stroller when we got it, I kinda surprised myself, too. A red chair sounds great, we had a little boy at out OT's office that had one and the kids thought he was so cool. One day they saw him do a wheelie in it and that was it, they all wanted one.