Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cori

Cori has been really emotional the last week or so. She's swinging wildly from happy to sad with no apparent reason. Her bio mom's birthday is approaching. We'll never know what else is going through her head.

Anyway, as I type, Cori is on her way to a psych hospital. She needs to be there. I almost took her one night last week but she promised she wasn't going to hurt herself. She went to her weekly counseling today. She cried all the way back so her worker took her to the DCS office rather than taking her back to school. I don't know what happened from there. About 1:00, I got a text from Cori saying "They tryna take me 2 the hospital." That was all it said. I replied and gradually got a few more details out of her - like where she was and who was trying to take her. I told her I thought she did need to go because they could help her feel better.

I still don't know all the details. I quickly packed up some clothes and personal items and tossed them in one of her bags. When I got to DCS, her worker and another worker just met me in the parking lot and took the bag. They didn't offer any other information. There is no telling what she told them about me. And, I'm to the point that I don't really care. They need to make it my fault so they don't have to tell the new family about it. They'll say, "Her last foster mother was the problem." And, the new family will believe her...for a while, anyway.

So, adios, Cori. At least for now. (And, to further reinforce my decision not to adopt her, all I felt as we left DCS today was RELIEF. I'm sorry her life is so hard but I didn't cause that problem. I did my best to help...whether DCS believes it or not.)

5 comments:

Kimmah said...

good freaking God. I hate that it's come to this--she'd been acting weird at school. Very argumentative with her friends--they were all out to get her.

Ugh.

Jane said...

No, she hasn't been acting weird. There's nothing wrong with that girl. Just ask her case worker - it's all MY fault!

momma-o-minnie said...

I'm so sorry. It's always the foster parents' fault - you know that... But surely the social workers will wise up with this child sooner or later....


If she's at the hospital she may show her cards. They do tend to push their buttons there... that is if it's a good psych hospital.

Mongoose said...

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I noticed a cocaine deficiency a couple of weeks ago but I didn't say anything.