Tuesday, April 29, 2008

High temp today was 65 degrees

It was 35 degrees this morning when we were driving to school. Exactly 10 minutes ago, the first of my children jumped into our partially-filled pool. It was Cori, of course. Oddly, she did ask first. I didn't care, as long as she took a towel out there. I'm not ready to start dealing with the sopping-wet foot prints in my carpet this early in the season. Just moments ago, Beth joined her in the deep end. The way I look at it, it's not going to hurt them. They are having a good time. I know where they are and what they are up to. They are 16 and 17 years old and should have enough sense to come in before hypothermia sets in. Dive in, ladies!

On a funny note, Cori was perusing the pool supply catalog earlier and told me I needed to buy one of those automatic pool skimmers. I tried to hide my delight as I told her I already had 4 automatic pool skimmers but I preferred to call them Cori, Beth, Alli, and Boy Wonder. Why in the world would I need to buy another?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How high did the water level rise when Cori jumped in?