Wednesday, May 28, 2008

No more pencils, no more books....

No more students' goofy looks! LOL! Okay, so that's not how the rhyme originally goes. Everything is different from the teacher's perspective. Today was our last day of school. The teachers worked a half-day. The kids just had to stay long enough to pick up their report cards. I like these days (and not just because it's the last day of the school year). We are all (grades k-2) in our school cafeteria. Our students from this year stop by and pick up their belongings and say goodbye. We also, however, see our former students. It's nice to check in with them, too.

After the kids had come and gone, we had to stay until 11:30. The office staff called us by grade level and turn in our records and other items for storage over the summer. After that, we just sat around talking to other teachers.

I'm home now, waiting for Round 2 of today to start. Beth has a doctor's appointment at 1:30. She has poison ivy/oak on her legs from an ill-fated fishing trip. We've been treating it with over the counter medicine but it's still itching and spreading. Obviously time to get professional help. Something nasty must be going around, though. When I called for the appointment, I was #9 in line to have my call answered. When they got to me, the only doctor in our favorite office was already booked for the day. They do have a new physician assistant there this afternoon, so I agreed to take an appointment with him. Surely he can treat this stuff. After that appointment, Beth wants her hair cut. I have counseling at 3. She has an appointment at 4. After that, I'm sure she'll go to church with a friend. I'm planning to come home and pass out.

We've had a bit of drama around here this weekend and into the week. I honestly slept NONE last night. I'm hoping to stay awake until we've finished what we need to do and then I'm out for the night. I really don't care what the kids get into tonight.

Tomorrow is an exciting day for us...Elvis gets his new wheelchair! Odd things excite me these days. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Tudu said...

I know about getting excited over things I never thought like Ella's big girl stroller. The darn thing cost Medicaid $2500, I actually squealed when I saw it.