Friday, May 16, 2008

Shhh...

Do you hear that? No, you don't, because I hear NOTHING! I am home alone. Don't tell anyone. They will likely show up and start yelling. I'm sitting in my house and I don't hear a sound except the keys on the keyboard as I type. Do you know how often that happens? N.E.V.E.R.

I've been home alone for over an hour. I don't know what to do. I don't want to do anything that makes a noise. No TV, no cell phone, no music. Silence. It's great! Maybe it's not so much the silence as it the lack of stress. No one is here for me to worry about. I'm not in charge of Elvis. Alli and Boy Wonder are out (with Elvis, I assume). I have no clue where they are. They just weren't here when I got home from school (after a stop at Target). I could call and see where they are...but that would require making a sound. I don't want any sounds. I do know where Beth is, at least in general terms. She's spending the night with a friend (whose grandparents are more strict with curfew that I am). Their school's football team is having a practice game tonight. They are going to the game and then watching movies at the friend's house.

And me? My plans for tonight? Silence. That's all. And that's wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish it was warm enough to come over and swim and shoot firecrackers.

R and A said...

So happy to see your blog is open again! I just found it a few weeks ago and I read it from beginnning to the end. It reads like a book! Speaking of that- you should totally write a book!!!!
You are doing great things and you are an amazing mother!
~Ashlea