Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Me=Hermit

I've barely left the house in the last week. I've run here and there to drop a kid off or grab some groceries. But, that's it. And, I've enjoyed being a hermit. Is that bad? I haven't been lonely. There have been lots of people here. Various members of Boy Wonder's family have been in and out. One of my nephews spent the night (and kept us entertained). Beth has had friends come and go. I've been social with all of them. I just haven't had the desire to go anywhere. I'm not avoiding anything or anyone. I'm just content here. The house, while no where near spotless, is decently clean. We've completed a few major cleaning/straightening projects. I feel good about all that.

I guess I shouldn't worry too much. It wasn't that long ago that I was wanting to be anywhere but here. I guess this is a change in the right direction. There is no one living at my home or visiting regularly that I'm actively trying to avoid.

I do have to break my hermit habits tomorrow. Elvis has his therapy appointments. I'll drive 120 miles, round-trip and spend 3 hours sitting in the waiting room. Alli is going with (she did last week, too) and I'm looking forward to having that time with her. Our relationship (from my point of view, anyway) is gradually getting closer to normal. That makes me happy. Beth has been home more lately and has been quite funny. That makes me happy, too.

So, in retrospect, maybe I'm happy staying home because I'm happy at home, for a change. I'll go with that. Whatever the reason, I'm just glad. I really thought that late May/early June was going to be the death of me. I'm feeling a lot better these days.

No comments: