Sunday, June 1, 2008

New month resolutions

Shamelessly stolen from Theresa (who got the idea from Claudia), here are my June resolutions. I have to admit I had a hard time deciding what to choose. I have so many things I need to change in my life. I chose these because I think I can stick to them for a month and they are all actions that will lead to me having a better life. So, here they are:

1) For the month of June, I will write down every penny I spend. I feel like my money just disappears sometimes. I need to know where the heck it is going.

2) For the month of June, I will drink at least 50 ounces of water daily. (I don't like water but know I need to be drinking it instead of the copious amounts of Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew I currently consume. The idea of cutting those out completely crossed my mind but I don't think I would stick to that. Instead, I won't eliminate my favorites. I do, however, expect to discover that I'm drinking less of them by the end of the month.)

3) For the month of June, I will engage in 30 minutes of some type of physical activity on at least 4 days of the week. I know this seems like a tiny goal but, for my current lifestyle, this will be a giant leap in the right direction.

So, there they are. If you know me IRL, please feel free to hold me accountable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why just 4 days a week?

Kimmah said...

I shall hold you to them. I will make my list when I have less back pain and more sleep.

Juicebox.mom said...

I'm with you on #2 and #3 I desperately need to do both...Also, for me I'm going to replace your #1 with "write down every morsel of food I put in my mouth" Keep us updated on how you are doing. I'm going to fill up my water bottle now...thanks for the motivation