Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I love the 80s

I totally wasted $10 (plus tax) today and Wal-Mart. This is the most excited I've ever been about wasting $10. While digging through the $5 movie bin (looking for movies for Boy Wonder's birthday today) I ran across lots of movies that brought back memories (how sad that my memories are on sale for $5 each) but I found two movies that I had to have.

First was Girls Just Want to Have Fun. I used to have this movie memorized! If you haven't seen it - SEE IT! Yes, it does star Sarah Jessica Parker (loooong before Sex and the City) and Helen Hunt (long before Twister).

My second $5 memory was Footloose. "Jump back!" and "I gotta cut loose, Footloose, kick off your Sunday shoes..." plus Kevin Bacon before his skin got all saggy. Enough said.

I'm having an 80s film festival sometime this week. Want to come? Seriously, how sad is it that things I remember as being so cool are now so old they are in the bargain bin at Wally World? When did I get that old and lame? It makes me feel like I should be wearing support panty hose and walking all hunched over with a cane.

No comments: