Thursday, August 28, 2008

Girls' Night Out

I took my girls (plus Beth's BFF) to a movie last. We went to see The House Bunny. No, it won't be nominated for any Oscars this year and, yes, I was probably too old to "get it" but it was still a nice treat for us all. Beth and I have been planning to see it together ever since we saw the first commercial for it. She's a big fan of The Girls Next Door and I knew this was her kind of movie. While it's not my kind of movie, there are sacrifices you make to have fun with your kids. Beth even gave up a evening out with her non-genius boyfriend* so we could go to the movie on a discount night. Inviting Alli along was an idea we both had Monday night. She's been hanging around the house waaaay too much lately. She'd asked Beth about going to a movie together sometime. Beth and I agreed we just needed to invite her to join us.

I do believe a good time was had by all. There are a few jokes from the movie still circulating among us. Everyone laughed...a lot. Parts of the movie were really stupid but other parts were actually good. I don't plan on ever seeing it again but I did enjoy the evening.

Surprisingly, Boy Wonder volunteered to watch Elvis while we went to the movie! When we got home, Elvis had helped him play a lot of video games and had been bathed and dressed in pajamas. Wow! It was a nice surprise ending to our night out.


* More info on the non-genius boyfriend - He works at a pizza place in the next town over. He's worked there quite a while - at least a year. Tuesday at work, he reached into a pizza oven BARE-HANDED to remove a pizza. Needless to say, he's pretty badly burned. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Duh, Honey, ovens are hot when cooking.

2 comments:

momma-o-minnie said...

So you've nick-named one Boy Wonder - why not give this one the nickname "Gilligan"? from Gilligan's Island???

Jane said...

From what I've heard about this boy, I think that calling him Gilligan might be offensive...to Gilligan! He does need a blog name, though. I'll have to think on that one. He's certainly not Batman or any other superhero.